1. Can I use a USB or an external hard disk drive directly by connecting it to the product?You cannot use a USB or an external hard disk drive directly by connecting it to the product. You can only play files from a smartphone or laptop computer.
2. How can I connect it to a PC (laptop computer)?
(1) You must separately purchase and use a micro HDMI cable.
(2) Make sure to use the 1.4 V version of the cable.
3. I connected the HDMI cable but no image is displayed.
(1) 640X480P 60 Hz, 720X480P 60 Hz, 720X576P 50 Hz and 800X480P 60 Hz modes are supported.
(2) The source device must be able to support the relevant output mode. Check the source device.
4. How I can connect it to a smartphone?
(1) Connect the side of the MHL cable marked “BEAM” among the components of the Smartbeam to the MHL/HDMI port.
(2) Connect the smartphone to the opposite side marked “Phone”.
5. I cannot connect my Galaxy S3 to the product.Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 require a separate exclusive adaptor (5 to 11 Pin conversion).
6. I am an iPhone 6 user. Can I use it by connecting it to Smartbeam directly?
(1) The relevant product is equipped with Dongle for wireless operation. You can use the relevant device by connecting it wirelessly with Dongle.
(2) If you wish to connect your smartphone to Smartbeam directly, you can purchase and use the exclusive digital AV adaptor and HDMI cable separately.For Apple products, you can purchase the exclusive digital AV adaptor and HDMI cable from the official Apple distributor.(http://store.apple.com/kr/accessories/all-accessories).
7. I am a Galaxy 6 user. Can I use it by connecting it to Smartbeam directly?The relevant product is equipped with Dongle internally for wireless operation. You can use the relevant device by connecting it wirelessly with Dongle.
8. How can I connect it to a laptop computer?You must separately purchase and use a micro HDMI cable.1.4 V version of cable must be used.
9. Can I connect Dongle and TV?If your TV is a digital TV and a HDMI port is provided at the back of TV, connect the HDMI cable to TV and Dongle, select the HDMI menu for TV using the external input key, turn on Dongle, and then connect the smartphone.Images are displayed normally in the NTSC method but images may not be displayed normally in the PAL method.
10. How long does it take to boot up Dongle?It takes approximately 15 seconds to boot up. If you cannot use Dongle after connecting the charging adaptor to Dongle, the product requires inspection.
11. While using Dongle my smartphone cannot detect Dongle.
(1) Make sure that the HDMI (D type) cable is connected to MHL/HDMI port of Smartbeam and HDMI port of Dongle and then turn on Smartbeam and Dongle.
(2) The Miracast function is supported in smartphones running Android 4.2 or higher (check the version of Android).
(3) If you have followed the instruction above but your smartphone still cannot detect the device, your product requires an A/S inspection.
12. Wireless connection is not established smoothly.Wireless connection may not be established smoothly due to the Wi-Fi signal interference of the surrounding environment. If wireless connection is not established smoothly, restart the power or move to a different place and try to connect again.
13. What is the maximum connection distance between a smartphone and Dongle that operation is possible?Within 5 m. The communication status may change due to the surrounding environment.
14. How can I connect an iOS device (iPhone iPad MacBook) wirelessly?
(1) Connect the HDMI (D type) cable to MHL/HDMI port of Smartbeam and HDMI port of Dongle.
(2) Select the iOS mode by pressing the Mode key next to the Power key of Dongle.
(3) Activate the Wi-Fi function on the smartphone.
(4) Find Smartbeam from the list of available devices for Wi-Fi access and make connection.
(5) Open the AirPlay setup screen by selecting AirPlay from the bottom Scroll menu of iPhone and iPad or the top menu bar of MacBook and select Smartbeam to connect.
(6) For iPhone and iPad, mirroring can be turned on or off. When mirroring is on, the screen of the smart device is copied to Smartbeam immediately so that you can watch it on the big screen. When mirroring is off, a media file will be played on Smartbeam only when the media file (video, music, photo) is played.
15. How can I connect an Android device wirelessly?
(1) Connect the HDMI (D type) cable to MHL/HDMI port of Smartbeam and HDMI port of Dongle.
(2) Turn on Dongle, press Mode, and select the Android wireless connection mode.
(3) Activate the Screen mirroring/Miracast function on your smartphone.
(4) When the Screen mirroring/Miracast function is activated on the Settings of the smartphone, devices available for connection will be detected automatically. Select the Smartbeam device from the search screen. When the connection is made, the smartphone screen will be projected to the beam screen.
16. The connection has been made but made but disconnection and block noises ccur severely or connection cannot be made or connection is terminated.
(1) If the connection is made using 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, significant deterioration in the performance may occur. It is recommended to use 5 GHz Wi-Fi.
(2) Frequent interferences may occur according to the surrounding conditions. Disconnection may occur frequently in the condition that many wireless APs are being used.
(3) The wireless performance may vary significantly depending on the performance of the device which attempts to connect. (If you use old type cellphone or many tasks are being carried out in a device which attempts to connect, the deterioration of performance may occur. The problem will be relieved if the cellphone and IW100 are rebooted.)
(4) If the back of the device is covered by a metal object or a hand, the antenna may be covered, causing the wireless performance to deteriorate.
17. I connected the HDMI cable but the screen is not displayed.
(1) The wireless Dongle may not have booted up normally. You can solve the problem by turning off and restarting Dongle using the slide power button.
(2) The HDMI cable may not be connected normally. Check the cable connection and connect the cable correctly.
18. When I play content using an external player or streaming such as YouTube the screen is displayed in black.Some content has copyright protection restricting it from being played on an external screen and thus cannot be played on the projector.
19. When I connect the cable and project the screen noise occurs and a crackling sound occurs continuously.Noise may occur if the cable terminal is covered with dust or foreign substance. The problem can be relieved by cleaning the connection terminal on the cable side or projector side using a tool such as brush. If abnormality occurs continuously after cleaning the cable terminal, the cable should be replaced.
20. When I try connecting using Slimport or other HDMI adaptor connection cannot be made.Connection may be made if you use Slimport or other HDMI adaptor after connecting an external power supply. Please try again.
21. I'm an older LG cellphone user and I cannot make a connection.For some LG cellphones, MHL connection may not be made if a power supply is not connected to the cellphone. Connection may be made if you connect a power supply cable to the product. Please connect to a power supply and try again.(For older LG cellphones, connection cannot be made if power supply cable is not connected. This is the answer for the question that connection cannot be made when the power supply cable is disconnected.)
22. Optimus Vu (LG-F100) – Connection cannot be made when disconnecting an MHL cable while the power supply cable is connected.Connection may not be made after the power supply is changed. Connection can be made if you reset the projector.
The life of LED is 20000 hours. Do I need to replace it after that?The LED used in the beam projector is LED backlight type, not the lamp-type, so it can be used semi-permanently (Characteristics of LED backlight).If calculated on the basis of watching one two-hour movie everyday, you can watch movies for up to 30 years.
1. The product cannot turn on.
(1) Press the Power button for approximately 3 seconds.
(2) After connecting the charger, check if the charging light is turned on, and then press the Power button for approximately 3 seconds.
(3) If the product is not used for approximately one month, the battery will discharge. If the battery has discharged, charge the battery for 5 to 10 minutes and then use the product.
2. I turned on the product but the product immediately turned off automatically.
(1) If there is no image input signal, the product will turn off automatically to prevent battery power consumption.
(2) The product will turn off automatically if the batter has not been charged.
3. Can I use the product in a foreign country?The adaptor supports free voltage (100 V~240 V). You can use the product if the local voltage and plug match.
4. I don't know when charging will be finished.
(1) While charging the battery, the color of the charging LED changes in the order of red (low battery)->yellow->green (fully charged).
(2) It takes approximately 4 hours for the battery to fully charge. If the battery has fully discharged, it may take more time to charge the battery.
5. The product has stopped.
(1) This product projects a beam, so heating may occur. If the temperature has risen temporarily, cool down the product and then attempt to use it again.
(2) If the product has stopped, hold down the Power key for more than 7 seconds while the product is in the stopped state.
(3) If you followed the instructions above but the problem still persists, A/S inspection is required.
6. I have been using the product after connecting the power supply cable but after I disconnected the power supply cable a low battery warning sign appears.The current charging concept is designed not to charge while the product is being used. Charging is carried out only while the projector is being turned off.
7. When I connect the power supply cable and turn on the power in Low Battery tatus a low battery warning sign appears continuously and the product is turned off.It is a problem due to battery voltage drop, so if you charge the battery for approximately 3 to 5 minutes and then turn on the power, the product will turn on normally.
8. When I turn on the power the fan operates but the optical engine does not operate.This may occur due to a problem in the optical engine which requires the replacement of optical engine or a timing issue due to voltage drop in low battery status. If a voltage drop is the main reason, the problem can be solved by charging the battery to a battery level of 50 % or more.
9. How can I check the charging status?While charging the battery, the color of charging LED changes in the order of red (low battery)->yellow->green (fully charged). It takes 4 hours to charge the battery fully, and the fully charged battery can run up to 100 minutes.
10. Can both smartphone and Smartbeam be charged at the same time if the charging adaptor is connected?If using Smartbeam only, the cell phone will be charged and Smartbeam will not be charged. (the charging indication lamp is off). If using Smartbeam and Dongle, Smartbeam will not be charged but Dongle will be charged (the charging indication lamp is off. The cellphone cannot be charged since the cable is not connected).Smartbeam cannot be charged during operation.
11. Can I provide power to Smartbeam or Dongle using an auxiliary battery?The relevant model is designed in such a way that an auxiliary battery can be used. You can charge the product using an auxiliary battery.
12. Is there any way that I can check the remaining battery level?For Smartbeam, when you turn on the power and press the Power key once, the charging indication lamp will turn on. You can check the charging level through the color of the indication lamp.
1. The application execution screen is not displayed.
(1) Make sure that the application is provided by SKT.
(2) Except for the default screen, it may not operate in a launcher or specific application.
2. The image is displayed trapezoidally.
(1) This occurs when the side where the image is projected (screen) and Smartbeam are not at 90 degrees to each other.
(2) You can watch the correct screen by adjusting the angle of Smartbeam and projecting to the front.
3. The image is out of focus /The screen is blurry.(You can control the focus manually on the surface where Smartbeam adaptor is connected by using the focus wheel. If using the product for the first time after opening the product box, remove the protective film in front of the lens (applicable to IC200X only).
4. While playing a video file the screen stops or shows a broken image (mosaic).When the Wi-Fi performance has deteriorated, the screen may stop or show a broken image during operation. This occurs especially when a third party or defective power supply unit is used. At this time, fully charge the smartphone and connect it to the beam projector for usage.
5. The screen turns off repeatedlyThe screen may turn off when the automatic lock function has been activated in the smartphone or an image signal has not been received for a certain period of time.
6. Flashing or connection time delay occurs when I use the mirroring functionDepending on the smartphone model, compatibility issues such as short flashing or connection time delay may occur.This may occur when the remaining battery level of the smartphone and the product are low. Charge the battery.Flashing may occur temporarily if the smartphone has received an SMS message or an incoming phone call.
7. What's the resolution this product supports?1,854 x 480 (WVGA) resolution is supported.
1. The Initial settings have been deleted. Why is that?When you reset, the router connection information, language selection information, and OS information will be deleted.
2. A message reading “Please Connect” is displayed.Check if the MHL cable among the components of Smartbeam has been connected correctly.
3. How to Cable Connect?
(1)Connect the side of the MHL cable marked “BEAM” among the components of Smartbeam to the MHL/HDMI port. Connect the cellphone to the opposite side of the cable.
(2) Turn off and restart the power to the cellphone and Smartbeam, and then try connecting again.(For cell phones, devices which are not officially supported cannot be used. Compatible cellphone devices vary for cable and wireless usage. Check the compatibility chart.)
(3) If the pin has been bent or the sheath has peeled off for the cable which is being used currently, you need to purchase a new cable. If this is not the case, A/S inspection is required.
(4) If you have turned off the power while downloading the firmware of Dongle, A/S inspection is required. The product must be delivered to A/S center for downloading the program again, as this cannot be done by the customer.
4. Smartbeam requires charging.
(1) Smartbeam should be charged. Charge Smartbeam using the charger provided (using a third-party changer may cause damage to the product).
(2) Check the power supply of the outlet where the charger is inserted.
(3) Use after supplying power using a charger and checking its operation. If the product has not been used for a long time, the battery may be ischarged.
5. Where can I select Screen mirroring/Miracast?
(1) For a Samsung phone, select Settings>Screen mirroring.
(2) For an LG phone, select Settings>Connection and file exchange>Miracast.
(3) For a Pantech phone, select Settings>More Network>Miracast. (Models after VEGA Iron)
(4) For Google, Settings>Display>Mirroring (Models after Nexus 5).
6. The focus wheel spins continuously. Is this normal?It is normal for the focus wheel to spin clockwise continuously.
1. Where can I purchase a tripod?
（1) If you use Smartbeam and Dongle together through a wireless connection, you need to purchase and use a tripod separately. There is no hole for connecting the tripod at the bottom of Dongle, so you need to purchase and use a tripod sold by us.
（2) If using only Smartbeam, you can purchase a clip that can connect Smartbeam with a tripod and attach it to a normal camera tripod.
2. It is stated in the manual that a tripod should be purchased separately. Where can I purchase one?The tripod used at the bottom of Dongle cannot be purchased from other suppliers. It can be purchased only from us (the price may vary).
1. There is no sound.
(1) Check the volume of Smartbeam and your smartphone.
(2) Check if earphones or an external speaker are connected.
(3) This may be caused by low sound quality in to the recorded video. Check if other video files exhibit the same problem.
2. I want louder sound.
(1) Adjust the volume of Smartbeam as well as your cell phone.
(2) You can also use an external speaker or Bluetooth speaker for louder sound. Use the earphone connection terminal of your cellphone.
(3) However, if you use an iOS-based device or Dongle, the Bluetooth speaker cannot be connected. This is because Apple products are designed to use only one frequency.
3. How do I adjust the volume when watching a movie?Adjust the volume of your smartphone (may vary according to the model).
4. The sound is too loud when I turn on the product.
(1) You can adjust the volume by adjusting the volume on your smartphone.
(2) The beam projector generates heat to a certain degree due to the product characteristics. A fan to cool down generated heat is installed, so a certain degree of noise may occur.
1. Can I adjust the level of brightness?The product does not provide a function to adjust the level of brightness.
2. The product has stopped.Press the reset hole next to the Power button and restart the product.
3. The image is out of focus/the screen is blurry.
(1) Adjust the focus wheel on the far side where the adaptor is connected manually.
(2) Remove the lens protective film on the front of the lens.
4. The product becomes too hot.
(1) It is the beam projector, so a certain degree of heating may occur. You can use the product without worry.
(2) While charging, the main unit of the product and adaptor may generate more heat.
5. The application execution screen is not displayed.Make sure that the application is provided by SKT. Except for the default screen, it may not operate in a launcher or specific application.
6. Where can I check the serial number?
(1) For Smartbeam, you can check the S/N from the sticker at the bottom of Smartbeam.
(2) For Dongle, you can check the S/N from the sticker at the bottom of Dongle.
7. How can I check when the product has been manufactured?For Smartbeam and Dongle, you can check the S/N from the sticker at the bottom of Smartbeam.It consists of 5 digits-7 digits. The first digit after “-” indicates the year, and the second digit indicates the month.