1. The sound or video of basic content is cut off.Cause: Abnormality of internal memory (1) Connect Storybeam to a PC>Select FAT32 system and format the external hard disk (All data will be deleted/it is possible to omit this step)>Firmware (homepage)>Download basic contents again (homepage) (2) Connect Storybeam to PC. Connect Storybeam and PC using a USB cable>Turn on the power to Storybeam>When you press Connect USB->PC from the main screen of Storybeam, the external hard disk of Storybeam appears on My Computer of the PC. (3) The formatting step can be omitted. It is more stable if firmware upgrade is carried out after formatting. The basic content (children’s stories) will be deleted when formatting (it is necessary to save separately). However, the deleted basic content (children’s stories) can be downloaded for free after logging in from the homepage of Storybeam. My Computer>Right mouse click on the Storybeam icon>Click Format>Set FAT32 system and 4096 bytes for Allocation unit and click Begin.
2. How do I encode a video file?Follow the instructions below.Connect to Storybeam homepage>Customer center>Storybeam guide (select Storybeam 1)>Click Details on Storybeam 1 application Tip No. 3>Download pre-set file (stortbeam.pes) and encode a video file as shown in the captured pictures.(Reference website: http://blog.naver.com/whis_/205147067).
3. Basic content (children's story) can be played but an encoded file cannot be played.Cause: Resolution, file size or encoding setting issue (1) Files with the size of 300-500 MB can be played smoothly in Storybeam. (2) If a file is too large, split encoding is necessary. (Encoding program: Set from Daum Pot Encoder) (3) If you play a file from USB memory, check for abnormality of the USB memory. (4) If the same problem occurs after basic instruction, A/S inspection is required (check for abnormality of USB adaptor and the main unit).
4. How do I display the content through a TV?The TV must support the component input terminal (RGB: screen output function), and the audio (sound) cable should be connected separately (video output and beam projection cannot operate simultaneously). (1) Connect the component (RGB) cable to the TV OUT terminal at the back of Storybeam to connect Storybeam to the TV (the cable is sold separately). (2) Component (RGB): Purchase a cable with 4 Poles and 3 lines in red, blue and green. It is necessary to purchase an additional cable for sound to be played (connect to the AUDIO OUT terminal).
1. How can I upgrade the firmware? (USB connection)Follow the instructions below. (1) Download the firmware upgrade file from Storybeam website to the PC. (2) Connect a USB memory to the PC and copy the upgrade file to the top level folder on the USB memory. (3) Connect the charging adaptor and the USB memory to Storybeam and turn on the power (the charging adaptor must be connected). (4) After the booting process, wait a moment. If a message saying “Proceed upgrade?” appears select “Yes”. (5) The firmware upgrade is carried out for approximately 3 minutes and then the power is turned off automatically.While the firmware upgrade is in progress, NEVER operate the product or remove the connected charging adaptor and/or the USB memory (*If letters are shown in red, it means that it is selected). (6) When the power is turned off, remove the USB memory from Storybeam and press the Power button for approximately 1 minute or more to turn on the power(the Power button should be pressed continuously for 30 seconds or more until the screen appears). (7) When Storybeam is booted up normally, the firmware upgrade has been finished successfully. (8) After completing the update, delete the firmware file in the USB memory.
2. How can I upgrade the firmware? (PC connection)Follow the instructions below. (1) Download the firmware file: Download firmware from the right side of Storybeam model 1 firmware item. (2) Unzip the downloaded file: Copy and paste the unzipped file to Storybeam on My Computer. (3) Disconnect the PC from Storybeam and turn the power to Storybeam off and on. (4) When you turn on the power to Storybeam, a message saying “Do you wish to upgrade the system?” will appear. (5) After the update is carried out, Storybeam will turn off. (6) Turn on the power to Storybeam.
3. When was the last firmware update of Woongjin Storybeam?Firmware version of Woongjin StorybeamThe date of last update was April 16, 2012.
4. How can I download built-in Bible content again?Storybeam homepage provides only 95 movie files as basic content.If you wish to download a Bible story again, contact the customer center of Woongjin for availability.
1. The product does not turn on.Follow the instructions below. (1) When you hold down the Power button, the button light will turn on for 5 seconds and turn off again. (2) Hold down the Power button for 3 to 4 seconds continuously until the product is turned on. (3) If the Power button turns after blinking for 1 second, it indicates that the battery has not been charged or power is not supplied smoothly. – If the product still cannot turn on after connecting the adaptor and pressing the Power button 3 seconds for more than three times repeatedly or holding down the Power button 30 seconds for more than two times repeatedly, product inspection is required. – Check if charging is carried out properly. When connecting the adaptor, check if the charging lamp is turned on. Charging may not be carried out if the charging terminal is loose. In such a case, product inspection is required.
2. The power lamp cannot turn off.Cause: Abnormality of system (software error).Product inspection is required.
3. The product cannot turn on after a firmware upgrade.Cause: System failure When you turn on the power for the first time after a firmware upgrade, hold down the Power button for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
1. There is no sound when playing a video file.Cause: Abnormality of speaker.Follow the instructions below. (1) Check if both video file and mp3 file show the same trouble by controlling the volume using the buttons on the product and the remote control. (2) Check if the cable has been connected to the AUDIO OUT terminal at the back of the product. (3) If only a specific video file shows the trouble, the file is defective. Download the file again.
2. Noise is mixed with sound while playing (speaker noise).Cause: Abnormality of speaker. It is necessary to solve the problem through product inspection.
1. Nothing is displayed on the screen.Cause: Hardware damage. Follow the instructions below. (1) Check if you can hear the fan moving and check if the PJ/TV button (image output to TV) on the remote control is being pressed down. (2) If the video cannot be projected or the fan moving sound occurs, press the OK button many times until the sound of video occurs. – Check if the screen is shown inside the lens but it is not projected. – Check if the image can be projected but the intensity of light in Storybeam is too low. In such a case, product inspection is required.
2. The product turns off while using it.Cause: Abnormality of charging adaptor or battery (1) Connect the charging adaptor and fully charge the battery. (2) The life of the battery starts to be reduced along with the use of the product and the battery will be discharged naturally. If the battery lasts for a significantly shorter time than the initial hours of battery use, the battery should be replaced.
3. A black or white screen appears.Cause: Hardware damage If the same problem occurs after resetting, product inspection is required.
4. A dot or line appears on the screen.Cause: Abnormality of engine If the same problem occurs after cleaning the lens or if a dot or line appears on the screen immediately after turning on the power, product inspection is required.
5. The image is out of focus.Cause: Abnormality of engine. (1) Check the projection environment. It is recommended to project on a 2 m high white wall. (2) Adjust the focus. (3) Wipe the lens with a soft cloth. (4) If there is no change and the screen is burry after controlling the focus, or the focus ring spins continuously without stopping, product inspection is required. * The focus wheel can be rotated only two and a half rounds in one direction, and if it is rotated more, it will lock.
6. I can see dust on the lens. Should I request product inspection?Dust shown on the lens is fine dust which cannot be seen by eyes, and it is attached inside the lens so that it cannot be wiped out from the outside. This condition is normal and cannot be improved through product inspection.
1. Charging cannot be done.Cause: Adaptor or hardware damage (1) Connect to the DC IN terminal using an exclusive adaptor (the cable has no charging function). (2) In case the problem persists due to one of the following reasons, product inspection is required. If the charging terminal is loose. The battery can be fully charged, but it lasts less than 30 minutes. After charging the battery, a message saying low battery appears when the adaptor is removed and the product turns off.(The charging lamp flashes when the adaptor used is not the exclusive adaptor. Connect the exclusive adaptor and try again.)
2. How can I check whether the battery has been fully charged or not?Connect the cable to the DC IN terminal on the main unit and charge the battery.Charging cannot be done from the USB port. Fully charging is confirmed with the order of red > green.
3. The charging lamp is turned on but the pad lamp flashes for 1 second even if I press down the Power button for a long time.Cause: Abnormality of hardware. Press the Power button 3 seconds for 3 times repeatedly and then press down the Power button for 5 seconds to turn on the product.
1. I cannot access My Story.Cause: Abnormality of internal memory. If access is only unavailable to My Story, the internal memory may be abnormal. In such a case, product inspection is required.
2. It says there is no file in My Story.Cause: Abnormality of internal memory. If children’s stories were not deleted and the list of children’s stories disappeared, the internal memory may be abnormal. In such a case, product inspection is required.
3. A clicking sound occursCause: Detachment of internal component This occurs due to dust or when a small internal component has been detached. Product inspection is required.
4. The lens has fallen out.Cause: Lens detachment. It is necessary to solve the problem through product inspection.
5. USB adaptor cannot be connected.Cause: Abnormality of hardware or USB adaptor (1) If the USB memory cannot be connected: For a personal video, check whether it is encoded or not and check the format system of the USB memory. (System: FAT32, Allocation unit: 4096 bytes) (2) If the problem persists: If connection still cannot be made after encoding, it is necessary to check whether the USB memory can be used normally or not. Insert the encoded file to the main unit of Storybeam and check if it can be recognized. If the problem persists, product inspection is required.
6. USB cable cannot be connected.Cause: Abnormality of hardware or USB adaptor. (1) Turn on the power to Storybeam, select the Connect to PC button and connect it to a PC using a USB cable. (2) If the problem persists: If you have connected the USB cable to the USB port at the front side of the PC, try connecting it to a USB port at the back of the PC. If the problem persists, product inspection is required.
7. The USB cable can be connected but external hard disk error message or a essage saying use after formatting it appears.Cause: Abnormality of internal memory. Follow the instructions below. (1) Format: Connect it to a PC and format the external hard disk (system: FAT32, Allocation unit: 4096 bytes) (2) If the problem persists: Check error message indicating the possibility of abnormality of internal memory and problem (this pops up when you connect the external hard disk to a PC and use it.) a. A message saying “Use after formatting it” appears but formatting is unavailable. b. The source file cannot be read or the file from the hard disk cannot be read. c. The external hard disk cannot be recognized or it was recognized and it disappeared (the same problem occurs when connecting the cable to the terminal at back side of the PC). d. Data CRC error e. Files cannot be moved, copied or deleted. f. 40 to 50 (children’s story) out of 100 files have been saved, but a message saying insufficient storage capacity appears. If the problem persists after formatting, product inspection is required.
8. The remote control does not work.Cause: Discharged remote control battery (1) Check if the battery needs to be replaced, and ensure you are using the remote control toward the remote control reception unit. (2) If the problem persists, you can check the operation of the remote control by examining the place where light emerges on top of the remote control through the cellphone camera. ->If no light can be seen: It may be an abnormality of remote control. It is necessary to purchase a new remote control or check the product and remote control. ->The light emerges from the remote control but there is no response: There is a possibility that the reception unit of the main unit may be abnormal, so inspection of the main unit and remote control is required.
9. The focus ring does not move any more.(1) If the focus ring has gotten into the inside Fix a ball-point pen on the groove in the diagonal direction from the focus ring and rotate it counter clockwise. (2) In case the focus ring has protruded upwards Fix a ball-point pen on the groove in the diagonal direction from the focus ring and rotate it clockwise.
10. What size of USB memory can be supported?FAT32 file format from 1 GB to 32 GB is supported, and a maximum size of 4 GB is supported for one file.
11. How long does the lens last?It can last up to 20,000 hours (if used for 1 hour a day, it can be used for approximately 50 years).
12. The automatic protection mode has been confirmed.Cause: Heating or fan error. One of the main reasons may be heating or fan problem. If you have used the product in abnormal environments, product inspection is required.
13. The keypad cannot be pressed.Cause: Software error. Try upgrading the firmware and downloading the content.